Statement from Net Technical Solutions
17th March 2020
We recognise that our customers depend on Net Technical Solutions’ ability to provide a secure, reliable and uninterrupted service, so we are continually monitoring the situation with regards to the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). This includes close attention to the latest guidance from the WHO (World Health Organization), as well as from UK authorities.
As this is a constantly evolving landscape you can find our most recent statement regarding COVID-19 and answers to frequently asked questions on our website here and this page will be regularly updated as the situation develops.
Over the last few years, as part of our Cyber Essentials accreditation, we have made investments in our technical infrastructure and business continuity planning to ensure that we can operate all our systems and processes remotely with minimal interruption to normal service levels.
Many customers have already asked for our assistance in setting up home-working for employees, and in light of the recent developments we would like to share with you the measures we are taking to ensure service continuity, for both our staff and our customers.
- As of Tuesday 17th March 2020 all NTS staff have been told that they should work from home where possible, and to avoid travelling or coming into the office unless strictly necessarily.
- Field engineers will continue to attend customer sites for essential remedial or project based work. Any non-essential work will be postponed and rescheduled at a later date.
- All NTS employees, whether back office or customer facing, have full remote access to emails and the telephone switchboard regardless of location.
- All staff currently use headsets and soft phones which include ‘presence’ so we can instantly see who is available and provide our customers with continuous access to our teams.
- All tools for managing support ticketing, remote control of customer servers/firewalls/PCs, quotes and order processing etc. are accessible by our teams via work laptops or desktops on a secure VPN connection from any remote location.
- Microsoft Teams is being utilised internally to work with our customers and vendors for productive collaboration and content sharing, in place of face-to-face meetings.
- Please continue to use the same telephone number, email address or portal login to contact us for support issues. It’s very much business as usual in terms of remote assistance.
- Every effort is being made to accommodate home-working setup requests and this will be managed on a first come first served basis. We are working flat out to help our customers.
- Home-working setup requests will be prioritised over all other support cases, other than Priority 1 issues such as server/network down.
- We politely ask for your patience and understanding as we work through these requests, as this may mean it takes a little longer than usual to deal with general support issues.
- Service visits will continue to be honoured, however these will be covered remotely rather than on-site. Any pre-booked on-site service visits will therefore be re-scheduled as a remote job with immediate effect, and feedback will be provided when complete.
- Requests to procure new equipment for home use (desktops, laptops, monitors etc.) are being dealt with on a first come first served basis. Stock in the market is now scarce but we do hold our own stock for emergency use. This can be configured, shipped to site and setup remotely.
- We do not recommend taking work desktops from the office environment and trying to use them at home. This is fraught with issues around connectivity, security, domain access, router configuration etc.
As always, we remain committed to supporting your business with a high level of service and our Senior Management Team have been tasked with ensuring their respective teams are working as close to 100% effectiveness as possible. We recognise however, as I’m sure you do, that this will not always be possible but rest assured we will do our very best!
We will continue to monitor the situation, providing you with updates appropriately and promptly.
Please feel free to share this link with your staff as you see fit.
If you have any questions, please contact your Account Manager on 01252 235235 option 1